Instant Science

Here you can find some personal reflections on issues concerning my professional interests.

These include Business Process Management, Organization Design, and the use of information technology in a wide sense.

Disclaimer: This blog is not an official Gartner publication. The content represents my personal point of view, but not necessarily the official standpoint of my employer.

Any comments are welcome!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

The first 2 weeks

The first three weeks at Gartner are over. A brief summary could read like this: High workload, smart and nice colleagues, very interesting project challenges.

On my second day, after having made myself familiar with some administrative routines, I received a request for proposal from a colleague and had the chance to prove my competence in writing proposals over the next few days.

In week 2, I was casted into a rather challenging project. A client has asked for assistance in identifying a significant IT cost reduction potential. This will keep me occupied for some more weeks at a high work pace.