Instant Science

Here you can find some personal reflections on issues concerning my professional interests.

These include Business Process Management, Organization Design, and the use of information technology in a wide sense.

Disclaimer: This blog is not an official Gartner publication. The content represents my personal point of view, but not necessarily the official standpoint of my employer.

Any comments are welcome!

Saturday, March 01, 2008

WLAN Security

A lot of people still seem to be rather ignorant about the vulnerability of their wireless access points. One of our neighbors believed that using a hidden SSID would be a sufficient security level. Of course it is helpful, but if you change neither the standard SSID nor the standard password for router administration ...

Well, today is his birthday, so in the last row you can see my congratulations:



This was just for the lulz and I promise that I also will give him the new password when he comes over for a party tonight. So, no harm done.

Otherwise, security is still an underestimated issue. Imagine, I had used his access point for unlawful activities. He would have a hard time explaining this to the police.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home